What You Need To Know And Our Survival Guide
by Hunting Tower Removals on 05/11/2018 259 Reads
Have you checked out our FAQ’s page? It’s packed with all the information you should need when preparing to move home. But we thought we’d share some really good tips here.
• A house move is an opportunity to get rid of belongings you no longer need. We provide a collection service for the British Heart Foundation who could benefit from items you no longer require.
• People have a tendency to keep outdated paperwork for a very long time. Paper is very heavy so do yourself a favour and get rid of any outdated documents and shred prior to moving.
• Never underestimate the number of boxes you will require. It's also amazing just how much stuff we all seem to horde.
• Make sure you clearly mark all the boxes of their contents, what room it's for and if its heavy. Remember if you can’t lift the box then it will be very difficult for us especially in properties with stairs.
• Ensure you use bubble wrap for more fragile items and tissues or old newspaper for packing glassware.
When it comes to moving out and in, stress levels can reach their peaks so the next tips are essential for keeping you calm. Follow them and the move will be as smooth as possible.
• Try to keep calm and ensure you carry all your important documents with you.
• Ensure all taps, gas and electrical switches and lights are off and you have advised the utility companies of the meter readings.
• We will help you double check you have left nothing behind.
• Lock all doors and windows and collect all keys.
• Show us round the house and let us know where all the furniture and boxes are going.
• Ensure you have a survival pack and have it readily available. Check our FAQ for details.
• Take a deep breath the most stressful bit is done.
• Designate a room for where all the miscellaneous boxes go that you can deal with later.
If you have any other questions at all about your move, do give us a call on 01738 314270